« Home | If You Like Free Stuff » | On High Fashion » | Madison In The Morning » | Weekend Recap » | Stupid and Contagious (a book) » | WOMEN READ THIS: An Aggressive Form of Breast Canc... » | Happy 30th Birthday to Sarah!!! » | When The Levees Broke » | Valparaiso » | Orange Account »

School Dreams

Have you ever had a recurring dream about school? I haven't had one for a while, but I used to have the same dream over and over. I usually don't remember dreams at all. This dream is different, and as far as I know I usually remember.

The Dream:

I'm in college (it's never distinctly UW-Stout or UM-Duluth, just a general college). It's the end of the semester. I've been skipping one or several classes very regularly, and now have come to the question of how I plan on passing. It's too late to drop any of the courses. In some cases I don't even know where the classroom is. Usually it's because the class meets across campus, and I've been too lazy to walk that far. I'm panicked about my transcript and mostly how I'm going to tell my parents.

What does it mean? I'm not sure. I do know that I only dream it when I'm stressed out or feeling stretched pretty thin. Obviously the worrying about my parents probably means that I'm concerned with how others view me. (In college I really did worry about my parents standards)

Chad said he has had the exact dream. Apparently it's pretty common. The alarm this morning was set to KS95, and they were talking about people's dreams there too. That's how I got thinking about this today.

I spent a little time researching on the internet, but I didn't find much (I really didn't look long) about school dreams. The only thing really relevent was this link which is a similar dream to my dream. (Except in mine the problem class isn't Math. I never had a problem with Math)

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has had similar dreams. But for those lurking, feel free to keep it to yourself too. (sarcasm) Just kidding.. does the guilt factor help at all? Maybe the guilt will sit in your subconscience and you'll have your dream tonight.

Sounds very familiar -- maybe it's hereditary :) I finally decided it came more often when I was unsure about what I wanted to do in the future. The dream stopped after I went back to college.

i have the same dream on a fairly regular basis!

Post a Comment