« Home | Remember When... » | Proof that I Talk Mostly "Normal" » | County Rooaadd » | Inspired to Downsize?? » | Talladega Nights and Madison in the Morning » | Swedish Fish » | Happy Birthday to Dano!! » | The Beginning of My Week » | My Favorite Soap » | The Weekend Pace »

Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken

Last night I told Chad I would make him dinner as I have not been doing that much lately. So I decided to start with what I had in the freezer.

I found a couple of chicken breasts that I took out to thaw. Thinking I would make chicken fingers, but then later decided I wanted something different. Then I found this recipe for Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken, as I had a half a jar of pepper jelly just sitting in the fridge, plus the other ingredients.

It turned out really good. Initially sweet, but then you taste a little kick. I served it with rice and green beans (Target sells awesome frozen veggies that you steam right in the bag). The sauce was really good over the rice.

I did make some adjustments as I didn't feel like measuring. So maybe it was accurate, but I just guesstimated my ingredients. If you don't like guesstimating, check out the recipe at the link above, else here's how I did it.

Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken
(with my adjustments)


INGREDIENTS:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
about 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
about 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
about 1/3 cup honey

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees F).
2. Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish so they are not crowded. In a cup or small bowl, mix together the pepper jelly, mustard and honey; pour over chicken to coat.
3. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, basting occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.

Hi, Jane! It's fridaynightgirl! This recipe sounds great! I might give it a try this weekend.

Hope you have a terrific day! Congrats on re-setting goals. Good luck!

fridaynightgirl

ps. I love the currently reading bar on your blog - may I borrow that idea? I love to read!!

Borrow away. I'm pretty sure I stole it from someone else! :)

Post a Comment