« Home | My Favorite Soap » | The Weekend Pace » | Fresh Peach Ice Cream » | Box Tops » | Poll: Twix vs. Kit Kat » | Eating Right on the Road » | Happy Anniversary!! » | Saturday » | Roasted Pepper Salad with Salsa Vinaigrette » | Chicken Enchiladas »

The Beginning of My Week

Monday -
Still very very very hot.

Made sloppy joes. While browning the meat, I wished I hadn't started as the stove was very very very hot!

I mixed it up a little too. Instead of my normal Sloppy Joe recipe, I just browned the ground beef and mixed in the following and let it simmer:
  • a can of Southwestern Tomatoes
  • a can of tomato sauce
  • chopped onion
  • chopped green pepper
  • some mustard (a key ingredient to a good sloppy joe)
  • chili powder

They were good. I probably like my regular recipe more. It's one of my signature party dishes!

Monday Night -
Not sure... apparently it wasn't too exciting!

Tuesday -
I worked from home in the afternoon, because Katie came to pick up a table that we are donating to the Luther Park auction. So I got to catch up with her. It has been a while since I've seen her, so that was fun, even though it was a short visit outside.

During the afternoon, I had the TV on for background noise. Watched a show called "Work Out" on Bravo. It was another reality tv show, that I don't need to watch. I watched for about 45 minutes before I finally realized that I recognized one of the trainers from Amazing Race. How pathetic am I. Emphasized the fact that I do not need to watch this show regularly. (Making it public here that I. will. not. get. sucked. in. You are my witness!)

Also joined the BlogHer community. I've been nosing around there a little bit, and found lots of interesting blogs.

I also made a quick trip to Cub where I recognized this sweet girl in a cart by the cheese, so I got to catch up with her mom and dad.

Tuesday night -
We attended a National Night Out picnic at our neighbors house. (Although we weren't outside, because it finally rained. A LOT!! I don't know how much yet, because I didn't want to get wet checking the rain gauge this morning, but it looked to be over 3") Anyhow, all of our neighbors are great. And we met more, including the people who do the magnificent fireworks show on the 4th of July. I feel like we know more about our neighbors from the 2 picnics we've attended with them in the last year, than we ever did living in Columbia Heights for 5 years. My next door neighbor, Nancy, offered to explain to me what I have in my garden and to water my flowers for me when I am out of town, so I don't have to leave that to Chad. Plus she told us that they are seeing deer in our yard regularly (and gave us an idea about a homemade solution to ward them off)