« Home | Project Wallpaper - Take 1 » | Weekly Asides » | Discounts on Magazines !! » | Extra Pennies Adding Up » | Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken » | Remember When... » | Proof that I Talk Mostly "Normal" » | County Rooaadd » | Inspired to Downsize?? » | Talladega Nights and Madison in the Morning »

Am I Over-reacting?

I don't think I am, but I also need to vent.

My husband drove 5 hours up to the stix of northern Minnesota for a weekend of hanging out with his buddy and golf. A great opportunity to see his friend from Oregon. No cell phone coverage up there, but that's fine. We can go a couple days without seeing each other.

We also committed to going to his other friend's for an open house for their baby's baptism this afternoon. He said he would be home. Great, I'm glad we can both go.

I asked him if he wanted to meet there (northern suburb) or if he would come home first and we'd go together. He said he'd call me in the morning on his way home, as he wasn't sure what time he would leave. Perfectly reasonable.

It's 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Our commitment to the open house is at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. (45 minutes from where we live) He hasn't called. And his cell phone goes straight to voicemail. Since he got coverage 2 hours from home when he left, he should be back in range by now.

So why hasn't he called? My guess is he may have been up late and slept in. Possibly he has a dead battery, but again, pay phones are not extinct, just endangered. Most gas stations still have them. Or even another possiblity, is that they decided to golf again this morning. (I wouldn't be that surprised)

And it's super frustrating to hope that this all it is. That he just overslept (by a lot) or didn't get up and going like he committed to or even just went golfing.

Can you tell I'm not happy? Am I over-reacting? (This is the point where you can tell me frustrating and/or lame excuses from your significant other to make me feel better!)

Stay tuned.. I'll keep you posted on the excuse later. Or maybe it's a legitimate reason.. I am pretty sure that whatever it is, he's had enough experience with the "not calling when you promised" wrath, that he'll be apologetic when he gets home, before I even say anything.

P.S. Can you tell I don't care if his friends read this??? I'm supposed to edit carefully so they can't make fun of him. I don't care right now.