« Home | Gratitude » | Home Sweet Home » | Love & Hate - Take 1 » | Results » | Memorial Day Weekend » | Chicago » | Night » | Fixed It » | Template... » | Finales »

9-1-1

I called 911 last night. We shut off our AC last night and opened up the windows. I woke up around 2:30 am. Not sure if something was blowing in the house or if I heard noises from outside, but then I got up to go to the bathroom, and as our bedroom windows look out over the cul-de-sac and I had the window open, I noticed a car sitting out there. In the middle of the road, right in front of our house. And a guy leaning up against the trunk. The lights were off. So I woke up Chad and he walked around inside the house. And I called 911, because it was so suspicous. They promised to come out and check it out. Pretty much right after I called, the guy got back in the car (on the passenger side, so he wasn't by himself) and they took off. The lights weren't on, and I didn't hear the car start. A short time later a couple police cars drove through with a spotlight, but they were gone. We figure it was probably some kids parking doing something illegal or immoral, because all the landscaping in the center of the cul-de-sac is in full bloom right now, so it's a good hiding spot for a two door black car at night. So, we'll be leaving our outside lights on a little later. Makes me really glad we have a security system too! And a police force that comes to scope out calls like that! This weekend I'm going to go and talk to the neighbors to let them know what I saw too.