« Home | Fixed It » | Template... » | Finales » | Goodnight Nobody » | Contestants » | Spring Yard » | Spring! » | The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time » | Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad » | Waiting: The True Confessions of a Waitress »

Night

I just finished reading Night, by Elie Wiesel. A very quick read. I had read it a long time ago in 9th grade English, and remember liking it then, so I decided to read it again. It is a very good look into what life was like at in Concentration Camps for Jewish people during World War II. A glimpse of how their faith was shaken and mostly the strength it must have taken to endure.

I highly recommend this book if for no other reason than to be aware of this horrifying time in history as it should not be forgotten.

I have read this book, also. Emotional.

Question: I saw that you have read The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. What did you think of it? I am currently reading her book: The Secret Life of Bees and am enjoying it, but have heard mixed reactions about The Mermaid Chair. Let me know -- I trust your opinion because you are so well-read!

Post a Comment