« Home | The More You Know » | Pineapple » | Every Season » | Beef Noodle Casserole with Cheddar-Crumb Topping » | Turkey Sausage Fajitas » | Eating Style » | Pasta With Lentil Sauce » | Weekend Review » | Pope Joan » | Jemima J.: A Novel about Ugly Ducklings and Swans »

Peach-Blueberry Cobbler

Chad's parents came over for dinner tonight. I made my yummy crockpot beef stroganoff recipe and a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler for dinner! The recipe came straight from my Betty Crocker cookbook, but can also be found here. It calls for fresh peaches and/or blueberries, but I used frozen. Originally I was going to just make peach, but since I had blueberries in the freezer added those in too. Easy quick dessert! Also, I think this was the first time I used my pastry blender.

Peach - Blueberry Cobbler

1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 cups peaches
1/2 - 3/4 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar (again Splenda)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup milk

1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in peaches, blueberries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep fruit mixture hot in oven.
3. Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
4. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream.