« Home | Weekend Review » | Pope Joan » | Jemima J.: A Novel about Ugly Ducklings and Swans » | Mexican Casserole » | Happy Birthday Anne! » | Project #2 Finished! » | Fountain Diet Coke - I Knew I Wasn't Crazy!! » | Small World » | Sewing Project #2 » | All Is Not Lost »

Pasta With Lentil Sauce

Uff Dah! My dinner made me full. But it was good!

I don't know that I've ever had lentils before, but they were delicious in this recipe. So easy, tasty, yet super inexpensive and filling!!! I did make some adjustments, because I knew it may turn out to be a long day in the crockpot, and 1 can of sauce and tomatoes was not quite what was called for, so I added extra an extra can of tomato sauce. I would highly recommend these adjustments, as the consistency seemed perfect after 9 1/2 hours in the crockpot!

Pasta With Lentil Sauce
From Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly

½ cup onions, chopped
½ cup carrots, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
2 cups diced tomatoes in liquid (I used a 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes with garlic)
1 cup tomato sauce (I used 2 - 8 oz cans)
3-4 oz dried lentils, rinsed and drained
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups angel-hair pasta, hot, cooked

1. Mix all ingredients except pasta in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours, or on high 3-5 hours
3. Cook pasta according to package directions
4. Place cooked pasta in large serving bowl and pour lentil sauce over top. Toss to combine.