« Home | Six Weeks at Home Starting Now! » | Super Full » | Short Day » | The Undomestic Goddess » | Home Today, Gone Tomorrow » | Ten Top Trivia Tips about Jane » | National Air and Space Museum » | Travel Time » | Review of Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichanga... » | Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas »

Macaroni and Cheddar Cheese

I made this recipe on Sunday. It comes from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly. It was ok. I was a bit disappointed, because I've had a lot of luck with other recipes from this book. But since it calls for low-fat cheese, it doesn't melt as smooth as the full fat stuff, and it has a shorter cooking time than I prefer for crockpots. I like the "all day" recipes, so I can use them during the week.

I also added onions (first fried in butter spray), as that is kind of something I enjoy in "real" macaroni and cheese and I used whole wheat (organic) macaroni.

Macaroni and Cheddar Cheese

2 1/2 cups fat-free or 2% milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
3 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
8-oz pkg macaroni, cooked al dente

1. Combine all ingredients except macaroni in slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 1 hour.
3. Add macaroni. Cook on low 4 more hours.