« Home | Baked Fish » | GRRrrrr.... » | Weekends go too fast » | Mexican Omelet » | Sloppy Jim's » | Serial Killer or Computer Geek? » | Books I've read in 2006 » | Girls' Night In » | Reading in the New Year » | Darling Clementine »

Two Weeks Notice

I put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday with Oracle. I have had so many ups and downs with this job. But I think I have tried so many times to make it work, that I am leaving without regrets.

I am going to work for Hearth and Home Technologies. The offices are in Lakeville, so it will be a much better commute for me. I will be traveling quite a bit for the first 9 months or so, but I think the travel will do a lot of good in my career development there too.

This has been such a long process. I applied for the job in August. I interviewed twice the end of September. They offered me the job end of October. I hemmed and hawed and decided not to take it. I found out that I wasn't able to move departments at my current job, so I went back to them and met with them a couple more times and finally they offered me the job again. Again I thought about it and gave my boss a couple options in retaining me which they were not able to do right away.

Ultimately I think it has been a well thought out decision and I'm very excited. My last day with my current job is the 25th, and my first day on the new job is January 30th.

Congrats on your new job! Starting somewhere new is always scary, but it sounds like you just might get there and never look back :)

Post a Comment