« Home | Happy Birthday Melanie!! » | Cinnamony Apple Snack » | 2006 Recipes » | Happy New Year! » | 2005 In Review » | Movie Recommendations » | Tagged » | Inflated Prices » | Prep » | Christmas Trifle »

Rich Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

This recipe came from the manual of my ice cream maker, which I love. I have only used it a couple times, but I've always had luck. It's great that the bowl just goes in the freezer and you don't have to mess with ice (or snow) and salt.

Rich Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Makes 1 quart

1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tsp cornstarch
1 cup half-and-half or whipping cream (I used cream)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries (I used some berries that I had frozen last summer)
1 cup plain lowfat yogurt, stirred

In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in half-and-half and corn syrup. Cook and stir over moderate heat until mixture simmers; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in beaten egg. Return to low heat; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. In a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade, puree berries. Add to cool egg mixture; stir in yogurt. Freeze in ice cream maker according to directions.