« Home | Sloppy Jim's » | Serial Killer or Computer Geek? » | Books I've read in 2006 » | Girls' Night In » | Reading in the New Year » | Darling Clementine » | Stacy's Chocolate Chip Cake » | Rich Strawberry Frozen Yogurt » | Happy Birthday Melanie!! » | Cinnamony Apple Snack »

Mexican Omelet

Here's another recipe we tried this morning. Chad really liked it. Again I added a few more seasonings, but Chad really liked it. Each omelet is supposed to serve 1, but they're big.

Mexican Omelet

2 or 3 eggs (I used 3)
1 tbsp water
1/2 green pepper chopped
1 small tomato, diced
Dash of red pepper sauce
Dash of onion powder

Beat eggs, water and red pepper sauce
Spray skillet with butter cooking spray
Saute green pepper. Add egg mixture.
Slide skillet back and forth rapidly over heat and, at the same time; stir quickly with fork to spread egg.
Let stand over heat a few seconds to lightly brown bottom of omelet.
Tilt skillet; run fork under edge of omelet to loosen eggs from bottom of skillet.
Add tomato.*
Fold omelet in half, turn omelet onto plate.

*After adding the tomato, I also sprinkled in some oregano, garlic powder, and ground red pepper.

I still need some practice in the art of omelet making. I don't know about the sliding back and forth and I didn't use a fork as it would wreck my pans... And mine didn't fold well, but it still tasted good!

Needs salsa, sour cream and chirozo.

Post a Comment