« Home | Happy Birthday to my Dad!! » | Wearing Blinders » | I am a Promoter » | I was a true Socialite » | Today I Graduated » | Oh The Places I'll Go... » | Stop! You are at the Right Blog!! » | Timber... » | Two Weeks Notice » | Baked Fish »

Beef Fajitas

Love this recipe. Made it last night. The steak is broiled and the veggies are fried separate, which I'm sure cuts out a lot of the fat from traditional fajitas, where everything is "sizzled" together. I would guess you could still fry them all together, but you probably wouldn't need to baste the meat...

I didn't have as much red wine vinegar as it called for, so I didn't have as much marinade to brush on while broiling. (I did get to use my new basting brush though, and my new tongs worked awesome for this recipe)

Beef Fajitas

1 1/2 lbs of sirloin steak
5 tsps canola oil (I used olive, as I didn't have canola)
1 cup red wine vinegar (I only had about 1/2 cup)
2 packets sugar substitute
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt (I used Morton Lite)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 onion sliced
2 green peppers sliced
4-5 oz reduced fat cheddar
8" wheat tortillas

Cut beef into strips, place in glass or plastic bowl (not metal!)
Mix together oil, vinegar, sugar substitute, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
Pour mixture over beef. Turn beef to coat all sides.
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Saute onion and green pepper.
Broil meat 3" from heat; brush with marinade. Broil until brown. Turn beef; brush with marinade and then broil until done, 7-8 minutes longer.
Arrange onion and green pepper on a tortilla. Top with beef.