« Home | GRRrrrr.... » | Weekends go too fast » | Mexican Omelet » | Sloppy Jim's » | Serial Killer or Computer Geek? » | Books I've read in 2006 » | Girls' Night In » | Reading in the New Year » | Darling Clementine » | Stacy's Chocolate Chip Cake »

Baked Fish

So we are trying to eat better this year. And fish is praised by so many "diets" and nutitionists... but yukkkkk!!! I don't really like it. Basically because it tastes like fish and it's a wierd flaky texture.

BUT I figure it's a taste maybe I can acquire... so last night, I had nothing planned for dinner. I headed to Byerly's. I told the guy behind the fish counter that I didn't like fish and what would he recommend. He had a whole slew of recommendations. I took some tilapia.

I came home and found a recipe, made some adjustments, and it was pretty ok. And I got to use my new meat tenderizer in making it! I really liked my breading and the seasoning. And we ate it with some peach salsa which was good, but it was still flaky and still tasted like fish. :) So if you have any more fish recommendations for me I would love them!

Here is how I prepared it.

Baked Fish
1 serving

1 7 oz piece of tilapia
10 reduced-fat wheat thins crushed (recipe called for crushed Melba toast, whatever that is?)
1/8 tsp salt (I used Morton Lite)
1/8 tsp paprika
dash of black pepper
dash of dill

Crush the crackers and mix with seasonings.
Rinse the fish in water.
Dredge the fish in the cracker mixture.
Spray baking pan with olive oil. (You could use cooking spray)
Place fish on baking pan.
Sprayed top of fish with olive oil.
Bake at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes or until flaky.