« Home | Laying Low and Fighting a Cold » | O Christmas Tree » | Kashi » | Note To Self » | Baked Potstickers with Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce » | First, Kelly Taylor, then David Silver, now Brando... » | Can't Type with Mittens » | Survivor Twist » | Easy Artichoke Melts » | Hair Guilt »

Ready or Not

Christmas is right there... right there around the corner.

I am still laying low. Trying to get healthier... I can hear again, at least out of one ear. My congestion has moved into my chest and I am coughing more... hopefully that means my cold is coming to an end. We'll see how many coughing fits I have tonight.

Today was my first day with no naps since last Thursday, so that in itself means I am feeling better. Even though at work, I was asked repeatedly if I felt alright, because apparently I looked and sounded bad! It's maybe hard to say, because it's all relative. But I definitely feel better than I did the last 3 or 4 days!

I headed to the grocery store tonight to pick up ingredients for the Christmas Trifle. It's a wonderful dessert, which last year didn't turn out so well. I probably need more practice in making the custard layer, but practice is hard when I only make it once a year...

Chad was home when I got home tonight, which is not usual. He just had a slow day as today was his last day for the rest of the year. So realizing that, I decided I did not have to clean, as he will have time on his hands the next couple of days. I sat down and watched a few episodes of Will & Grace from the Season 1 DVD. I watched about 1/2 of the first season on Tuesday, when I took an official sick day (not even working from home, with the exception of one conference call). I didn't start watching Will & Grace until about season 5 or 6, so it's fun to see the older episodes.

Anyway, going without naps has me ready for bed already. Just wanted to catch you all up...

If I don't make it back before the weekend...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!