« Home | O Christmas Tree » | Kashi » | Note To Self » | Baked Potstickers with Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce » | First, Kelly Taylor, then David Silver, now Brando... » | Can't Type with Mittens » | Survivor Twist » | Easy Artichoke Melts » | Hair Guilt » | The Other Side of the Story »

Laying Low and Fighting a Cold

I am sick.. Just a really bad cold. I have been miserable since Thursday. And I keep trying to beat it... I stayed home from work on Friday, although I got pulled into about 4 hours of work anyways...

We had tickets to the Christmas Carol at the Gutherie. It's a tradition with Chad's family. We go to the Oceanaire first, and then the Gutherie every year. Very nice, but would have been nicer if I hadn't been feeling so cruddy.

Saturday I woke up feeling better. I got up and finished some Christmas shopping. (all done!) Then I came home and wrapped presents. Took a nap, and then we went to Jane and Carl's Christmas party. Last year it was just Carl's Christmas party, and Chad and I took Jane to meet him.. now it's their party :)

Today I felt worse than yesterday. Probably should have laid low. I slept in late, then watched an hour of tv and then took a nap. Then I heated up some chili for lunch which we ate while watching the Vikings game, and then I fell asleep again. Woke up to the Colts game, because Chad was fed up with the Vikings. Then I went upstairs, crawled in bed and read, and then fell asleep again.

I will probably work from home tomorrow, because it will allow me to sleep a little later. I have to get better by the weekend. And the sooner the better, because I'm sleeping in Chad's old crappy bed, so I don't wake him up with my coughing. It's just not the same, and I'm too tired to put flannel sheets on it :)

Anyways, that's my sad sad story... Nice weekend, just would have been more enjoyable if I felt better...

Jane -
I am feeling your pain. I've been sick since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I get a little bit better and then I get worse. What I need is a few days off from work, but that's not likely.

I hope you feel better soon and that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Tam

Post a Comment