« Home | Movie Recommendations » | Tagged » | Inflated Prices » | Prep » | Christmas Trifle » | Cranberry Meatballs » | Christmas » | Happy Birthday to Mike! » | Ready or Not » | Laying Low and Fighting a Cold »

2005 In Review

Wow... 2005 has come and almost gone now! Time to think about all that was accomplished in 2005 and what we hope to obtain in 2006...

Last year at the end of the year, I officially resolved to be diligent in trying new recipes. Unofficially (as usual) I resolved to lose weight. I accomplished both this year, which feels great!

I also
  • started this blog :)
  • read 23 books! (plus a lot of reading for school)
  • tried 34 recipes since March!
  • completed my first online course through UW-Platteville and received an 'A'!
  • ran a leg (maybe the shortest leg) of a marathon relay

Plus Chad and I MOVED to a house that we love and Chad got a TV and I got a new car! We took a great vacation to Seattle. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary, plus we have now known each other for over 5 years, which is pretty amazing... part of me feels like it's just always been this way, and another part feels like it's been a whirlwind 5 years!

We had some sad times too. Chad and I both lost our last grandparent, our maternal grandmothers. Chad's grandma passed away in January, and mine in July. Although we both feel blessed that we were able to spend time with both shortly before each passed away.

Looking ahead to 2006... I want to continue to maintain my weight (the last month has been tough), I want to get back into a regular "gym schedule", I want to get some wallpaper off my walls(!), and I have decided to start paying attention to and taking better care of my skin and nails! (The last is my "official" resolution.)

Hope you all have a happy and healthy 2006!