« Home | Saturday Saturday » | Oprah » | Wash and Return?? » | Mexican Lasagna Note » | Mexican Lasagna » | The Week got away on Sunday » | Wet Carpet » | MNF » | MNF 2nd Half: To Watch or Not To Watch » | Freezer Cooking »

Procrastinating and Pumpkin Cake

I've been putting off my homework all day. I didn't want to do it, and our neighbors were nice enough to mow our lawn for us last week, so I made these mini-pumpkin cakes. I normally make it in a bundt pan, but since I was going to be sharing, I made them in my Pampered Chef Mini-Fluted Pan Stone which I earned free once. Then I filled the center in with cream cheese frosting.... yum...


Posted by Picasa
My mom always made this cake for us without frosting, it is so good. I think the recipe came from a friend of hers. Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Bundt Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
1 teaspoon salt
4 egg -- beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 can pumpkin (2 cups)
1 cup oil

Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar; beat until thick. Add pumpkin and oil and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Pour into greased and floured bundt tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert on cooling rack and cool thoroughly.