« Home | Packers... not a good start » | Beef Taco Mac » | Our Seattle Trip » | Seattle » | What I learned in Economics 101 and Gas Prices... » | Just a Vacation Please » | Exercise Flashback » | Back To School » | Aug 24, 2005 » | Shopping »

Jay's Jerk Chicken

This is not a new recipe of mine, but one that I made this weekend for our guests, and I hadn't made it in a long time.

I got this from allrecipes.com, where it has a 5 star rating, and it deserves it!

I usually make it with kiwi and garlic as the recipe notes suggest. Although I forgot the brown sugar and garlic last weekend. And I usually marinade overnight...

Jay's Jerk Chicken
Submitted by: R.H. Solomon


6 green onions, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme*
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Mix for about 15 seconds. 2. Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. 3. Preheat grill for high heat. 4. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes, until juices run clear.


*I use a tsp of dried thyme.