« Home | Orange-Walnut Salad » | Vroom Vroom » | Prizm to Corolla » | Hot Fudge Sundae Cake for Two » | It's Football Season! » | The group of us at the Prom. Picture Courtesy of ... » | Movin' Out » | Awesome 80s Prom » | Prom Night 1989  » | Kelly »

Peanut Pork Kebabs

And the main dish last night was Peanut Pork Kebabs. These were awesome! Very filling as the marinade has a lot of protein too. You'll notice it recommends Natural Peanut Butter. I think this is because it tastes like peanuts as opposed to the processed brands. It's all we eat. Chad never realized peanut butter could taste like peanuts, but I grew up on Real Brand peanut butter (found in the refridgerator case at the grocery store). Although I thought my mom was mean, because I wanted Skippy or Jif. But of course, my mom knew what she was talking about! Here's the recipe...

Peanut Pork Kebabs
From
Diana Rattray,Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.

Pork tenderloin cubes are marinated in a peanut mixture and then grilled or broiled on skewers.

INGREDIENTS:
2 to 3 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
2 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. molasses
1 c. hot water
1 c. chunky peanut butter, natural if possible
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons

PREPARATION:
In a food processor, combine soy sauce, molasses, hot water, peanut butter, garlic, cayenne, and lemon juice. Put pork tenderloin cubes in nonmetallic dish (I love my
Tupperware Season-ServeĀ® Container) and pour marinade over; turn cubes to coat pork on all sices. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally. Thread pork on skewers and broil or grill over hot coals for about 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Serves 6 to 8.

It's good to hear that Mom was right :)

Hi Jane, I had fun tootling through your blog. :) Tam sent it to me. I'll have to come back later for some of these recipes. Yum!

best regards, nice info
» »

Post a Comment