« Home | It's Football Season! » | The group of us at the Prom. Picture Courtesy of ... » | Movin' Out » | Awesome 80s Prom » | Prom Night 1989  » | Kelly » | Wednesday » | New Family in the Neighborhood » | BBQ Chicken Sandwiches » | Strawberry Lemonade »

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake for Two

I think one of the first recipes I ever made as a child was Hot Fudge Sundae Cake which was straight out of the Betty Crocker cookbook. I probably even entered it in a 4H food review at some point. I liked it because it didn't take eggs, which I couldn't break by myself very well. That and it was soooo good!

I came across the recipe of the smaller microwave version last week and just made it tonight. Never had it with ice cream or bananas before. I was always in it for the chocolate, but now I appreciate the other parts too. Chad gives it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. I think I got a better consistency making the real cake in the oven, but this is quick and easy in the microwave!

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake for Two
From bettycrocker.com

1/4 cup Gold MedalĀ® all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons chopped nuts
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking cocoa
1/2 cup hot water
2 scoops ice cream
Sliced bananas, if desired
Additional chopped nuts, if desired
Maraschino cherry, if desired

1. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in 24-ounce microwavable casserole. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons nuts. Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa.

2. Place water in 1-cup microwavable measure. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling. Pour over batter.

3. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes, rotating casserole 1/4 turn after 1 minute, until cake is set but still glossy. Serve warm topped with ice cream. Garnish with sliced bananas, additional nuts and cherries.

There is a slow cooker recipe for this too, which I may just have to try!