« Home | Patio Furniture » | Harold and Kumar » | Weight Loss » | Crash » | Clarks » | Friday With No Plans! » | Drop City » | Memorial Day Weekend » | Carrot Cupcakes » | Super Size Me »

Bookends



I just finished reading Bookends, by Jane Green. It's a good book Would definitely be characterized as "Chick Lit" I really enjoyed it! She does such a great job with characters and in this book she developed the relationships between this group of friends so well. At the end of the book you realize that there isn't a real substantial plot, but the characters are so good, that it was still a really enjoyable read!

I bought this at Half Price Books after reading Mr. Maybe. It was the first time I was ever in a Half Price Book store, and it was a really nice store! I will definitely go back (There is a store in Apple Valley just about 5 miles from our new house). If anyone wants to borrow the book, let me know!

I am a huge Jane Green fan! Aaron and I just watched a new show called "30 days" on FX. It is the guy from "Supersize Me" and he does different things each week for 30 days. In this episode he and his girlfriend worked minimum wage jobs for 30 days, lived in a low income area, and had to pay for everything from the minimum wage income. VERY humbling and interesting!

I am halfway through "Bookends" and I am REALLY liking it! The first book I read of Jane Green's was "Jemima J" - it was good as well. I stocked up on a number of fiction paperbacks at Borders, now it's just a matter of finding the time to work through them.

Post a Comment