« Home | Chicken Tacos » | Good-Bye Constantine... grrr... » | Tuna Meltaways » | House For Sale! » | I Scream, You Scream... » | Don't Be Shocked... it's my Living Room! » | Baked Spaghetti Squash Dinner » | The Dive From Clausen's Pier » | g'morning » | Scott Savol goes home tonight? »

Parmesan Zucchini Strips and Lemon Aioli

Friday night for book club I made parmesan zucchini strips and lemon aioli sauce. I was inspired by Maggiano's. They have great fried zucchini and the sauce is wonderful. And since weight watchers doesn't go with "fried" I found a recipe for baked zucchini, then through some "googling" I found that the sauce was a lemon aioli sauce... even though I didn't know what aioli was, I "googled" for a recipe and found one! Turns out Aioli is basically mayonnaise! So I just used mayo and the seasonings from the recipe. And it was good!

I did bake the zucchini before I went to book club, so it was a little soggy, so it would be better straight from the oven!

Parmesan Zucchini Strips
From 3fatchicks.com

Serves 4

1/2 cup egg substitute

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise

Preheat oven to 450*F. Pour egg substitute into a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and cheese in another shallow dish. Dip zucchini quarters into egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on a baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 18 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.


Weight Watchers points = 2
When I do it again. I'm going to try spraying the bottom of the pan with cooking spray, then sprinkling half the crumb mixture on the bottom of the pan, dipping the zucchini in egg, and then spreading the rest of the crumb mixture over the top of the zucchini, and spray with cooking spray... This should keep my fingers from getting messy, and avoid the clumps in the crumbs at the end of dipping!

Lemon Aioli
A spiced lemon mayonnaise great for topping crab cakes or substituting for hollandaise sauce.
adapted from a recipe by Paul Mayville,
www.mayville.net

¾ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tbsp dried parsley)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard(plus a little extra as desired)
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional to thin sauce)


Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard with a whisk. Let chill for an hour or so to soak up flavors of seasoning. Add olive oil as desired to thin sauce if desired.

1 1/2 tbsp = 1 point