« Home | Carrot Cupcakes » | Super Size Me » | Carrie Underwood!!! » | Pumpkin Spice Pudding » | Our House » | Run Run Run » | Yippee » | Improvised Pasta Bake » | Training Advice » | My Bad »

Memorial Day Weekend

I love three day weekends! This was a good one too! We laid low on Friday night, and got up early on Saturday and headed down to Madison. Chad met up with some of his friends and went golfing, I headed to Brat Fest with Karin and Shawn, and we also picked up our numbers for the relay we did on Sunday. We had dinner at Lisa and Ed's. Some Yummy Venison meatballs with spaghetti!

Sunday we were up early, but greeted the day with a view of the lake (I don't even know which one) in Madison. Headed over to the race. I ran the third leg which was 6 miles. I did much better than I thought I would. It's a lot easier to run when you don't know where you are or how far you have to go yet! Although I felt kind of bad passing the people who were running the whole marathon. People were cheering which was fun. Just a little bit of guilt when they yell "looking strong" at mile 15, because they don't know I've only been running for 2, unlike everyone else! At the finish line I ran into my college roommate, Stacy's parents who were there cheering on her sister! That was fun, because Chad runs into people constantly when we are in Madison, so it was my turn :)

Last night we finished up with a barbecue and hot tub and smores. I was pretty exhausted and was in bed before the party was over, but a fun weekend getting to see Karin, Lisa, and Angie!

Today the ride home was pretty smooth. When I got home I had a message from a friend telling me she got engaged, so it was just a nice pleasant weekend! With Lots of good things!!