« Home | House For Sale! » | I Scream, You Scream... » | Don't Be Shocked... it's my Living Room! » | Baked Spaghetti Squash Dinner » | The Dive From Clausen's Pier » | g'morning » | Scott Savol goes home tonight? » | One of Those Days » | Beware of Arby's » | Sunday evening »

Tuna Meltaways

I have never had a tuna melt until last night. I like tuna sandwiches, especially on toast, but I've never tried a melt? Is that crazy? I think it's because I never order tuna when I eat out, because I am hesitant about vegetables and amount of dressing, etc... not to mention the fat now.

But the other day when I was cleaning the cupboards, I found a recipe on the back of the tuna box for these melts, so I made them for dinner last night! Chad said he would prefer his on regular bread (not me, I love tuna on a toasted English muffin) Easy recipe for a weeknight or a weekend lunch! And they were delicious!

Tuna Meltaways
From the Starkist box

1 7oz pkg tuna
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used about 1 ¼ cups reduced fat)
½ cup finely chopped celery
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup shredded carrot (I chopped them since I had my food chopper out)
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
4 English Muffins split ( I used whole wheat)

Heat broiler.
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except muffins; mix well.

Divide tuna mixture evenly onto muffin halves.
Place on broiler pan; broil 4-6” from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Serve warm.

Weight Watchers: 3 points - the way I made them with less cheese and whole wheat english muffins.