« Home | g'morning » | Scott Savol goes home tonight? » | One of Those Days » | Beware of Arby's » | Sunday evening » | Home Fries » | Marinated Cucumbers » | Nice... Let's vote one of them off next week! » | Freaking Fridays! » | Macaroni-Bean Skillet »

The Dive From Clausen's Pier



I just finished reading The Dive From Clausen's Pier, by Ann Packer. It was an interesting book. Great writing, interesting story, but dark. Wednesday I actually think my mood was a bit cynical and depressed, because I was just not liking the main characters at the time.

The book is about a girl, Carrie, and her journey in the months following her fiancé’s diving accident which leaves him paralyzed. Mostly I couldn't condone Carrie's actions, but at the same time the situation is pretty unfathomable, and I can't imagine how I would have reacted in the situation.

I think it's a great book. Good story, but I think it would be good to read this book a little less aggressively than I did, and sub-fuse that time with something light, like magazines or something...